(MUSE) NovaFM Interview (AKA "The Muse Game")
19th January 2010
NovaFM
RADIO HOST: Let's do the game
MATTHEW: Whatever that is
RADIO HOST: Okay, well the game is, who knows more about Muse? Matt from Muse, or Matt from the Action Battle team?
(VARIOUS "Right", "Okay", "All right")
RADIO HOST: So, we've got some questions here, and you just need to buzz in...I guess you (MATTHEW) would buzz in with Muse, Matt. Because if you both said, 'Matt', it's going to get really confusing
MATTHEW: What do you mean like, 'say 'Muse'?
HOST: If you know the answer?
MATTHEW: Okay, got it.
RADIO HOST: And what's going to be your buzzer?
ABT: ABT maybe? Short for 'Action Battle Team?'
MALE HOST: Just say 'Action Battle Team', it doesn't matter
RADIO HOST: Just say the whole thing
MATTHEW (BLOWS A RASPBERRY INTO THE MIC): Can I do that instead?
RADIO HOST: Yeah
ABT: And I'll say 'Muse' (laughs) no....
MALE HOST: I think flatulence is becoming a real theme of this interview, you really picked our demographic well.
RADIO HOST: Okay, question number one. What was the first single from the band's second studio album?
(MATTHEW blows a raspberry into the mic, as ABT speaks at the same time)
MATTHEW: I'm not sure who got that one...
MALE HOST: No, come on, we'll give the visitors first dibs
DOMINIC: I think you just got in there
MATTHEW: Uno
DOMINIC: No, you idiot.
(LAUGHTER - EVERYONE SPEAKING AT ONCE)
'Second studio album' (MALE HOST)
'This game...' (DOMINIC)
MALE HOST: No no no..., I'll let him know, second studio album...
MATTHEW: Our first album, first album, first album...second...I know what it is
MALE HOST: 'Origin Of Symmetry'
MATTHEW: I know what it is...'Newborn' isn't it? Go on, go on...
MALE HOST: 'Plug In Baby'
MATTHEW: Yeess….Yeah, wow, I was just testing him.
MALE HOST: All right, well, from now on, play the game for real.
MATTHEW: Okay.
RADIO HOST: Okay, second question, which song has the lyric, 'I'm not going to sing. I thought I was a fool for no one, but ooooh baby, I'm a fool...."
ABT: ABT...
MATTHEW: Yes?
ABT: Super Massive Black Hole?
MATTHEW: Yes it is, yeah, yeah...
ABT: Look at you...it's all right, not embarrassing myself.
MATTHEW: Two nil...I'm going to come back now, and just surprise everyone.
MALE HOST: Matt from Muse, you've got to keep your poker face on, cuz you might give away the answer to Matt from ABT.
RADIO HOST: Here's a question about Chris. Chris from Muse broke his arm, and played his first gig back from injury in Perth, Australia. The question is where, and in what year was that gig?
ABT: I was there. I was at that gig.
RADIO HOST: That's not your buzzer.
ABT: ABT. Uh, it was...
RADIO HOST: Do you have any idea, Matt?
MATTHEW: Yeah, uh, I wouldn't be able to say the yeah...it was Big Day Out or something...no, no...um
ABT: No, it was...I was in my second year of Uni, 2004...
MATTHEW: I would have never got the year, ever...
ABT: And it was at Metro City, which was actually you changed the venue from Metro Freo to Metro City..
MATTHEW: It was the question...what was the question, it was the city?
RADIO HOST: No, no, sorry, where...in what venue in Perth?
MATTHEW: I've got no chance on that one.
(RADIO HOST laughs)
ABT: 2004...it was 2004
MALE HOST: I wrote that question cos Matt (ABT), you took me there. You took me to that gig.
MATTHEW: That was a tricky one, that one.
RADIO HOST: Okay, we've got two questions to go.
MALE HOST: That was a bit of a gimme.
MATTHEW: Can I have three questions, so I can at least even things up?
RADIO HOST: Okay, okay, what strange percussion instrument is...
(RASPBERRY)
MATTHEW: Llama's toenails...
RADIO HOST: No...
MALE HOST: But what song has Llama's toenails?
MATTHEW: Um, two songs; 'United States of Eurasia;, and something off of the third album as well...oh no, the second album...uh, a song called 'Screenager' of the second album...
RADIO HOST: Let's go with that answer, cuz it's better.
MATTHEW: Yeah, okay...what was it?
RADIO HOST: Um, "What strange percussion instrument is used on the Muse song, 'Space Dementia'?
(Brief silence in the room)
ABT: I have no idea
RADIO HOST: It says, 'Matt's trouser zipper'
MATTHEW (chuckling): Of course...yeah...
ABT: Sorry, I don't know that one
MATTHEW: Yeah, yeah...no...it was....
DOMINIC: 'Space Dementia' wasn't it?
(ZIPPER NOISE - EVERYONE LAUGHS)
ABT: Did we get that on the mic? Do we need to move the mics down? Did you hear that?
RADIO HOST: A little bit, maybe
(MATTHEW moves the mic down, so it is facing his crotch)
(EVERYONE speaks at once)
(Zipper noises)
MATTHEW: It's a great shaker sound
RADIO HOST: Awesome
MALE HOST: It's sort of got that nu-metal like Limp Bizkit DJ scratch kind of vibe to it.
MATTHEW: Exactly, yeah, yeah...
(LAUGHTER)
ABT: Well, I got closer to my favourite band than I've ever imagined I would...
MALE HOST: I think that one is definitely a point to the visitor. It's probably two points, cuz you got two questions.
(EVERYONE IS TALKING AT ONCE)
RADIO HOST (cutting through): Okay, well this is the final question, and it's an audio question. These are my favourite, cuz it makes me feel like a game show host. So um it is, sing the next line of this song. Ready?
('They will not control us...' from 'Uprising' plays.)
MATTHEW (blows a raspberry into the mic) - says something very fast.
(LAUGHTER)
ABT(?)/MALE HOST(?): That was the worst singing I've ever heard
MATTHEW: Yeah, yeah, I thought I'd get in there quick to get the answer.



Comments
Post a Comment