Rage Guest Programmers: Muse
April 3rd 2004
ABC Television
MATTHEW: Hello...
(Laughter from CHRISTOPHER and DOMINIC)
MATTHEW: We're...we're on a TV programme called "Rage" here, and we're going to show you a selection of music videos that we like. Umm..
DOMINIC: Hey, Matt? What band are we in?
MATTHEW: I was going to leave that to you
DOMINIC: Well, we play in a band called Muse, and we're going to pick some videos on Rage...
The Beautiful People (Marilyn Manson)
DOMINIC: okay, the next video we are going to show is by Marilyn Manson, and it's called "The Beautiful People", and it's kind of a dark video. But I just remember the first time I saw it on TV, I think it was actually around your house Matt, watching MTV years ago, and it came on, and I was just, uh, shocked. I was kind of scared by the riff. Only by the riff...and, uh...
MATTHEW: Not by those weird dodgy medical devices?
DOMINIC: It's got weird medical stuff. I mean, it just looks really cool, and uh, you know, the riff is just...
MATTHEW: It's got dentist...dentist like gear, right?
DOMINIC: But the riff is just really cool. It's just really kind of thick, dirty, heavy riff...
MATTHEW: And here it is...
DOMINIC: Here it is...
DOMINIC: Hi, my name's Dominic...
CHRISTOPHER: My name's Christopher
DOMINIC:...and he's called Matt...and we play in a band called Muse, and you're watching Rage
(They never actually say the name of the video, but I think it may be 'Tommy The Cat')
DOMINIC: Okay, this next video is by a band called Primus, and, uh, I used to listen to them when I was about sixteen, because as soon as I started playing my instrument, the drums. I started listening to that to try and get better...
(MATTHEW and CHRISTOPHER look at each other and start laughing)…
DOMINIC: But this video's pretty cool, and it's uh, it's actually featuring Tom Waits...
MATTHEW: Tom Waits. Absolute genius. Tom Waits is, uh, I think amongst all the other videos, we're going to pick a Tom Waits video...um, yeah, Tom is just like an amazing lyric...
CHRISTOPHER: It's got the craziest bass solo ever written as well, which...
MATTHEW: There is a pretty good close up of it as well, so look at it when it comes...
Intergalactic But It's Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr (Beastie Boys)
MATTHEW: Hi, we're called Muse, and you're watching Rage
(LAUGHTER)
MATTHEW: The boys...(looks at DOMINIC)
DOMINIC:...of the Beast Kind...
(LAUGHTER)
DOMINIC: Okay...next video is...what is it?
CHRISTOPHER: It's 'Three MC's and one DJ"
DOMINIC: 'Three MC's and one DJ'
MATTHEW: Yeah, genus video. Yeah, it's amazing work, by this erm...what is it?
(By this time, everyone has just lost it)
DOMINIC: I don't know!
MATTHEW: Just call it DJ guys...some guy turns up, Ghostbusters, scratching...it's real cool
DOMINIC: Yeah, and is it live though?
MATTHEW: Hey?
DOMINIC: Hopefully, the whole video is totally live. Kind of sounds it, and looks like it. Genius scratching work, and uh, just quite a funny video.
MATTHEW: Hi, we're called Muse
CHRISTOPHER: You're watching RAGE
(They completely lose it)
Closer (Nine Inch Nails)
MATTHEW: Next up is uh, Nine Inch Nails, 'Closer'
DOMINIC: 'Closer'?
MATTHEW: That's right, Dom.
DOMINIC: Which is a cool video...which, again, I think has got loads of weird medical science dark things in it...
MATTHEW: It must be your choice then.
DOMINIC: It must be my choice, but Trent Reznor, actually kind of like signed Marilyn Manson, so it's a similar kind of industrial heavy vibe, but actually uh, it's one of my favorite bands, so check out this video, it's cool...
MATTHEW (leaning close to the camera): Hello there, we're called Muse, and you're watching RAGE
(CONVULSIVE LAUGHTER)
Flash Gordon (Queen)
MATTHEW (laughing): 'Flash...aaaahhh'
DOMINIC: Umm...Queen...is the next video we're going to play, and for some reason we chose 'Flash Gordon'
MATTHEW (trying not to laugh): It's got the best harmonies you ever get to hear in a rock track, it's just the most outrageous...
DOMINIC: Screaming...
MATTHEW:...screaming Queen song, you are ever gonna hear, um...
DOMINIC: But just funny, I think funny that they actually went and did a soundtrack for a film
MATTHEW: Such a funny film as well, so I hope you enjoy it.

Comments
Post a Comment