KNOT'S LANDING

Sunday World (Dublin) 
Sunday 5th June 2005

Cory says not having a dad screwed him up

SLIPKNOT frontman Cory Taylor reveals that he's screwed up because he never had a dad in his life. 
 In an exclusive interview, Taylor tells Remix; "I grew up not knowing my father, whose family were Irish. That was a huge f**king issue for me. 
 "Now that I've got kids I miss them so badly when I'm on tour. I'm prone to outbursts of stupid crying and it's not a very manly thing to do."
 Cory has a step-daughter aged six, as well as a two year old son. "My little boy, man, he's so there." Taylor says with obvious price. "He's got so much personality. He freaks me out." 
 The caring side of Taylor is not the image people have of outrageous group Slipknot. "Oh, I don't give a f*** what people think about this image. We are real people at the end of the day. When we take of the masks it's just us," he responds. 

Stage masks

Slipknot have created a 'scary' mean-to-know image with their stage masks. "It doesn't help that we have made them even worse on every album, but that's just us" he laughs. 
 He enjoys freaking out parents. "I love it. It's awesome. It was the same, man, when I was a kid. My mom stopped talking to me when I got into Metallica" Cory says. 
 Set to play Dublin's RDS Simmonscourt next Friday, Taylor says he is relishing the prospect of an Irish show. 
 "I'm German-Irish, but you can totally see the Irish side of it," he says, "So anytime we get to come to Ireland, man, it's a f**king treat."
 He's a big fan of U2 and Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries. "I've seen them evolve, but basically keeping the message alive. I always thought that was really cool about U2," Cory says. 

(Note about spelling of "Cory" - although the correct spelling is "Corey", I have kept it the way the article has spelled it) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(MUSE) Matt Bellamy: the ONLY guitar interview!

Corey Taylor On Why Craig Jones Doesn't Speak (Transcription)

Muse summer single announced