"NO ONE TELLS US WHAT TO DO!" - MUSE are one of the world's most successful bands, thanks to the power of bananas — and outmaneuvering Madonna.
The Red Bulletin August 2015 They’ve sold more than 17 million albums, won a Grammy and go on huge sold-out tours; Muse have now been superstars and critics’ favorites since 1999. Lead vocalist and guitarist Matthew Bellamy, one third of the British band, explains why they won’t settle for second best, whether we’re talking instruments or record contracts. Q: What does it feel like being heralded as the Jimi Hendrix of your generation? MATTHEW: Compliments like that are flattering, of course, but they’re total nonsense. Q: But they’re not baseless. You’ve revolutionized the guitar like Hendrix did back in the 1960s. MATTHEW: I’ve been playing the guitar since I was 11. The better I got at it, the more constrained I felt by what it could do. No wonder most creative people now make music on computers. That’s why I’ve made a guitar for the 21st century. Q: What’s your guitar capable of? MATTHEW: It’s got a built-in touchscreen linked directly to a computer, which gives the musician a comp...

Comments
Post a Comment