Blog with transcribed articles/interviews/articles on equipment on Slipknot (original nine era), and Muse. An odd mixture perhaps...but it just kind of happened that way...
You are welcome to use any part of this blog, all I ask is that you give me credit.
Matt Lawes Top Five
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Muzik
July 2000
1. Dano Downpressorman (Red Melon)
2. Amber Sexual (Deep Dish Cheez Whiz Mix) (Substance)
Total Guitar December 2003 (Issue 117) As anthemic as it is experimental, Absolution is Muse's greatest achievement yet. Matt Bellamy tells us about taking chords apart, getting the ultimate tone, and the making of a masterpiece. It starts with the sound of massed armies approaching, and ends with a single dying power chord. It's called " Apocalypse Please " and it's the opening track on Muse's extraordinary new album, Absolution . From here on in it's a non-stop lunatic ride through some of the grandest, most unashamedly epic guitar music ever created, taking in mournful death marches ( Blackout ), sound-and-fury riffing ( Stockholm Syndrome ), as well as thunderous end of the world anthems ( Time Is Running Out ). In the months leading up to the album's release, Matt Bellamy told the press that the coming Muse record would be more 'uplifting' than previous efforts. We needn't have worried. From it's portentous opening bars to its...
Get On The Bus c.April 2026 SLIPKNOT SID: So everyone else, I think...we weren't all born in Des Moines, but we grew up there. Paul went there as an adolescent. Um, but he was, you know, he went there when he...I think he was already in his teens, or close to it. So, he already had a good sense of who he was, and what kind of music he liked by the time he went to Iowa, and he had that LA influence. So, he already knew he was like 'the DJ is what's up'. We need a DJ. And he'd seen me scratching. So, he was just like 'this is amazing'. And then everyone, they started talking to and asking, like 'who...who do we get for a DJ?'. Everyone was like, 'Sid'. Q: Right SID: 'Sid's the guy'. You know, so I don't know. I just...I..it just happened like that. You know what I mean? I went over there, and some of the guys, were like 'I don't know', cuz they were just like straight metal heads. But once I started jamming with th...
c. 2011 COREY: One more? Okay, one more question. You... MAN: Why doesn't Craig ever talk? ( Laughter from audience ) MAN: I've been waiting years to ask that... COREY: Seriously, or... MAN: No. Seriously. COREY: For real? Or as a joke? MAN: No, no, no...really like...even in Voliminal , they ask him like "How many bodies you have in your backyard", and he doesn't even say anything COREY: Several. There are several, uh, joke answers I can give you. One of which is, he's an Android. ( Laughter ) Another of which is that secretly he's a serial killer ( Laughter ). Which we all call him. We're just like, "You're just a killer, dude." And he just goes...( does a silent nodding/sniff impression )...and he doesn't say a damn word. He's...the honest answer...is that that's just the way he us. He's never...I mean, I'm talking about a dude who I knew, before Slipknot was even a band. You know, we used to go to Rocky Horror Pict...
Comments
Post a Comment