Blog with transcribed and translated news articles and interviews on:
~ Muse
~ Slipknot
~ Stone Sour
~ Murderdolls
~ American Head Charge
~ The Libertines
Please feel free to use any part of this blog for articles/podcasts etc - all I ask is that you give me credit.
Matt Lawes Top Five
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Muzik
July 2000
1. Dano Downpressorman (Red Melon)
2. Amber Sexual (Deep Dish Cheez Whiz Mix) (Substance)
Q Magazine August 2011 DON'T READ YOUR OWN FAN SITES Reading blogs and wild stuff, that's crazy-making. You can't start responding to people that are obsessed. When we did the first album, the internet was just getting going and I remember going onto a forum and everyone just hated everything we did. That can drive you insane. DON'T BELIEVE YOUR OWN HYPE You have to balance it out with people who slag you off. That'll keep your sanity together. Someone reviewed Plug In Baby and said, "It sounds like Elvis Presley swallowing asteroids." I loved that. But, on the other side, someone wrote about our second EP and said it was unlistenable. It just ended with the words, "Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." Five times. AVOID GROUPIES Oh, definitely. When a band first gets known, it seems like there's one group of girls that just follows all new bands. So you've got to watch out for those ones. They can be fun to hang out with, but you don't wa...
The Red Bulletin August 2015 They’ve sold more than 17 million albums, won a Grammy and go on huge sold-out tours; Muse have now been superstars and critics’ favorites since 1999. Lead vocalist and guitarist Matthew Bellamy, one third of the British band, explains why they won’t settle for second best, whether we’re talking instruments or record contracts. Q: What does it feel like being heralded as the Jimi Hendrix of your generation? MATTHEW: Compliments like that are flattering, of course, but they’re total nonsense. Q: But they’re not baseless. You’ve revolutionized the guitar like Hendrix did back in the 1960s. MATTHEW: I’ve been playing the guitar since I was 11. The better I got at it, the more constrained I felt by what it could do. No wonder most creative people now make music on computers. That’s why I’ve made a guitar for the 21st century. Q: What’s your guitar capable of? MATTHEW: It’s got a built-in touchscreen linked directly to a computer, which gives the musician a comp...
Get On The Bus c.April 2026 SLIPKNOT SID: So everyone else, I think...we weren't all born in Des Moines, but we grew up there. Paul went there as an adolescent. Um, but he was, you know, he went there when he...I think he was already in his teens, or close to it. So, he already had a good sense of who he was, and what kind of music he liked by the time he went to Iowa, and he had that LA influence. So, he already knew he was like 'the DJ is what's up'. We need a DJ. And he'd seen me scratching. So, he was just like 'this is amazing'. And then everyone, they started talking to and asking, like 'who...who do we get for a DJ?'. Everyone was like, 'Sid'. Q: Right SID: 'Sid's the guy'. You know, so I don't know. I just...I..it just happened like that. You know what I mean? I went over there, and some of the guys, were like 'I don't know', cuz they were just like straight metal heads. But once I started jamming with th...
Comments
Post a Comment